I just had a birthday and more than qualify for sharing knowledge gained from years of experience.
Signs you are getting older
- Your back goes out more than you do.
- Your childhood toys are now in a museum.
- You’re the life of the party…even if it lasts until 8 p.m.
- Your birthday is getting way to close to a three digit number!
- When you realize happy hour is your nap time.
- When you keep repeating yourself.
- Still have something on the ball, but too tired to bounce it.
- Not getting older, you’ve just started a wrinkle collection.
- You don’t remember being absent minded.
- You have one other speed and it’s slower.
- ‘Getting a little action’ means you don’t need to take any fiber today.
- ‘Getting lucky’ means you found your car in the parking lot.
- The gray haired person you helped across the street is your spouse.
- You keep repeating yourself.
- You realize time is a great healer, but a lousy beautician.
All I can say is, Thank God wrinkles don’t hurt because my wrinkle collection is getting museum worthy. Have fun with age. It’s filled with many hours of wisdom gained from doing stupid things in your past.
You can be the catalyst to help those young whippersnappers at work and in all areas of your life; through your life experiences. It’s our time to be an example of what-not-to-do in certain situations. When you tell some smooth faced, wrinkle free smarty that you don’t think they might receive the results from their actions they are hoping for, they just might pay attention because they can feel the lesson of long ago still vibrating through you.
Here’s to another year! We are not getting older, we are getting wiser.
Love and Light…Alexandra Alexander